Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The whole ring issue!

So I am going there. Thus far I have avoided my comments on Weddings and Engagements but within the last two days I have had way too many conversations for my own good so in order to clear my mind here we go!! Well lets see I have been dating Josh for 2 years and nine months (almost 10). Not the longest relationship in the history of man but I would a say decent one! We are not engaged. And in all reality that is ok but for some people it seems to not be. Currently I am tying to not focus on it and in some ways I wonder if he is even considering it anytime soon at all. But it is hard not to focus on it when in many aspects of your life you are reminded by friends family and others not at all involved with your life. I find it quite humorous when you(the girl) are constantly asked "so when is he going to propose?" First of all I don't want to know, that would totally ruin the surprise and second if I knew then it would of probably already happened. I mean I understand that everyone wants to be a part of this time in my life but really for the most part if your a big part or a part of my life you will know when, how and all the other details as soon as I do! But I still love you all!

But aside from that Do I want to be engaged? Well what girl doesn't? You see in my mind things work really well but translate that to life and it pretty much stinks. I want to be engaged and to get married but do you realize how much that will change my life? A lot. I am a worrier and the idea is a great thing, planning a wedding having a super happily ever after. But at some point reality hits and life takes a nose dive and what does that leave me. It leave two options go down with the plane or use the ejection seat. I have seen to many people get hurt with marriage and too many people rush in and out of marriage. I don't want to be one of those people. You see Last summer the idea of a ring was cool and exciting but now the idea is terrifying and daunting. I am a planner and for most girls your wedding is the biggest and best thing you will ever plan. Just knowing that makes me wonder if I am really ready/want to get married or if I just want to plan a wedding!

No comments: