Monday, September 15, 2008

Lion King and My Ring!!!

Josh and I went to Lion King! We went to see it at the at the Ohio theater. The Ohio Theater is a small theater that was built in 1928 as a orchestra theater and now it is used as a play theater and has old movies during the summer. The theater is located downtown across from the State House building in Columbus. It was amazing. The costumes and actors were crazy. I can't believe how intricate and elaborate the outfits were. CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE.

After the show we went to walk to the car and there was tons of people. So we crossed the street and I began to tell him about the state house and about where my mom works (across from the state house) and so we decided to walk up and wait until some of the traffic was gone so we were not sitting in a car for forever. Little did I know that was not the real reason. We walked up to a small little court yard where there were trees and a few benches. After talking about the show and other things that I can't even remember, probably because it all is still a little bit of a blur. Standing there walking in circles. Josh started to get a little nervous about something. By the time I had realized what he was nervous about he was on one knee holding my hand and a ring! And what do I say "Are you serious?" followed by "Um that's the wrong hand" he was holding my right hand. His response was "regardless" and I said "YES" but if you ask him he was say "it was basically a run of the mill proposal and she said I guess so!" But that is his exaggeration. It was wonderful and more than I could of ever imagined. So as of now Josh and I are engaged and we are looking to get married next Spring so YEA!!! I will be posting pics of the ring soon.

1 comment:

Renee said...

We are so thrilled for you guys! Now we have an excuse to travel to Ohio! Enjoy the wedding planning and engagement process - before you know it you will be Mrs. Joshua Parson!!!!