Thursday, September 25, 2008

Good Morning... We located your car.

So a random discovery was made this morning at 2:55 am... yes while I was fast asleep in my cozy bed. I received a call on my cell regarding my car! They found it Albuquerque, New Mexico! Only 1379.14 mile away form the location of which it was stolen. A mere 23 hour drive.... But it gets better...really. The phone number that the officer called me from was a Wright Patt Air force Research number, so I called it back and spoke with a guy that probably thought I was nuts (one because I called at 3:30am and second because I was calling a research lab about a stolen car) He was very nice he said "well I am very sorry about your car but there must be some misunderstanding we have not called you." At this point I am stressed and worried and frustrated. So I find the paperwork that the Police Officer gave me when we filed the complaint. So again at 3:30 or 4:00 am I call the Montgomery Police Department to see if this is real or just a hoax. The dispatcher explained that someone had called and it was correct they had found the car in the New Mexico area. She gave me the tow company's number and told me to call them. So I called them and got another dispatcher. He kindly explained that he was unaware of what cars he had because he was just the dispatcher so I needed to call once they opened which was at 8am. So I deiced it would be best to get some sleep if I could. I woke up at 8 so I could call the tow company back and hopefully get more information. But what did I forget? THAT NEW MEXICO IS 2 HOURS BEHIND US!!!! So the poor guy had to deal with me again before they opened. So instead I called my insurance guy and talked to him about all the randomness and gave him an update. He informed me that he would take care of the rest for now!

Today was a crazy day finding out more information little by little. For the most part my car is in great condition minus a dent in the back side panel, a busted headlight, 2 extra bags full of clothes?, random marker writing in the inside like "I love Daddy, B-U-S-T-I-C, etc., and an extra 2000 miles!

No comments: