Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Open Doors

I am so excited God is so great! Today we had our typical kids night with our 12 or so kids. But this night ended a little differently. We were divided into groups for our activities, the kids played the bible game on the xbox. They loved it. But aside from that Kristi came tonight. Let me fill you in a little about Kristi. She and I met early on this summer at Oxford Baptist Church's Feed the Hungry Event. She was very closed and pretty confident that she had her life worked out just how she wanted it. From the first time I met her she was a burden on my heart! I began to pray for her as often as I would remember her. We would see each other every once in a while. But she never really wanted to talk. Even though the offer was always there. But tonight this sophomore in high school showed up to a children event because she had no where else to turn. She sat in one of the pews and I took my seat a bit away ready to listen without pushing. Her eyes glazed with the tears that she'd been fighting. So we moved to a smaller room to talk. Life hurts and so often we thing we have it under control but we are so fooled. She has made many mistakes but she as dug a hole so deep she that she has lost sight of any of the light that ever existed in her life. She has no one who is honest with her and she has no one that she is honest with. God has opened a door. And I am so thankful! Nervous! And ready! Thank you Lord. Thank you.

No comments: