Monday, April 4, 2011

OPENING MY EYES

Last week was an interesting week, work was not as crazy or it did not start out that way. I have really been trying to be patient and let God work in His time; I have prayed that my strength will come from Him, for understanding and peace for where I am currently. Thursday was so hard and frustrating I was so tried coming into work; I did not understand why this is how God had planned it and if this was the plan then why did it feel like it was not working? I have been reading Esther and how she went and was obedient not knowing why she was where she was, and I am reading/finished "Sun Stand Still" it talks about how when we get out in the water God leads us to the waves, he does not abandon us but hold our hand through the wave. And even though I feel like this is a wave that is way too big, God is so much bigger and all I can do is jump in obedience. Sunday was good; I cannot tell you much about the sermon L but God revealed a lot about how we expect prayers to be answered and how we miss how they really are answered. Since we have moved I have been able to serve the church in different ways, the ladies have been able to come to our house for women's nights, we have had couples dinners. My work schedule has allowed me to go on 2 spring breaks and china things that probably would not have been a possibility or a much more complicated one. I have been able to minister to my family in Columbus and the parson crew in Dayton; I am able to be a part of the women's min at Miamisburg where I am not the old one in the room. I was really humbled realizing that God has answered many of my prayers some that I forgot I had prayed. And I think I am starting to understand that God really does work for the good of his people "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 (NIV)

No comments: