Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dinner Party!!


I am a planner this is true. Now that we have been living with Granny for a bit I thought it would be fun to have a little dinner party to catch up with all the couples we have not seen in a while. We invited Chad and Whitney, Nathan and Erika, Ricky and Christina, Phil and Sarah and Donovan and Jenny (Christina’s sister) It was lots of fun. We had plenty of food! I made wonderful Strawberry BBQ. Love the recipe. After dinner the guys headed down stairs and the girls chilled upstairs, we played Quelf…such a great random game. The guys played Monopoly.
            But the best part of the whole evening was before the guest arrived. Josh and I cut the veggies, boiled the corn and prepped the other things. I sired the chicken on the stove top and then put them into a preheated oven…that was ice cold! The oven had been on for at least 30 minutes and nothing no heat, nothing. I was really nervous because the stove top was working so I went and got Josh. He turned the breaker off then on.  Nothing, Great I broke Granny’s stove. So I walk into the living room and ask “is there a trip to your oven?” she said “no” then proceeds to the kitchen…well there is a trick…see the oven is so old that there is a manual button, if the manual is not on then the oven only works by timers, oh my, but it works now!

No comments: