Saturday, August 17, 2013

DIY Kind Bars

So I pretty much discovered that I love Kind Bars after we ran our first Color Run 5k. They are quite tasty but can be pricy ($1.25 per bar) and I am not a pricy gal lol. So I wanted to make my own...I did bunches of research and merged recipes and ended up with a new favorite recipe :) here is what I did

DIY Kind Bar
Ingredients:
2 cups rice crispys
2 cups rough chopped natural almonds
2 cups chopped cashews
8oz honey
2tbsp butter (i used real)
1tsp vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Chop and mix nuts, set aside
In a sauce pan melt butter, vanilla and honey together let simmer for 1 minute
Pour honey mix over nuts and mix until well coated
Pour nut mix into a parchment lined baking dish (parchment paper will make life much easier trust me)
Bake for 20-25 minutes
Let bars cool (cut before cold, if too hot they will fall apart but to cold they will crumble)
Wrap individually(I used snack size Ziploc)
Enjoy
**I plan on trying other nut and fruit combinations...yum

No comments: