Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Break




God is so Great!! Spring break was truly amazing. I have not gotten the opportunity to go on any of the Bridge mission trips…I tried to go on fall break but it did not work out for me. So this was great my first Bridge mission trip. Though hard to find my place since my role within the church has changed from being on staff to just a support person. But God has shown me so much over this short time. I have really been able to see why we are still in oxford. I was able to connect with some of the students which was great since I feel like I rarely get a chance to see anyone.



o About the trip: The Bridge was forever changed. We took 39 student and 4 adults on a Mission trip to Jackson, Mississippi. For many of us we were just happy to hear that the weather would be in the 70's. But God had much more in store for us. We stayed at Mission First, a mission started by First Baptist Jackson. They had various jobs for us, including putting up a ceilings, digging trenches, cleaning and jumping on dirt. On this trip we worked, worked and worked some more. Though many were tired God continued to show Himself to us each night as we came together to worship and share 'our stories'(testimonies). We went from a group of disconnected people that knew each other on the surface to a family that is real with each other. Please pray for Mission First as God continues to use that ministry. Pray for the each of us that went on the trip that we can bring back the passion and share it with the Bridge.

o We only have a few months left until summer break, the children's ministry and youth are still growing. The leadership team for next school year as been assembled and has begun planning. Be in prayer for that team that they will stay connected and focused as the break approaches. Thank you for your Love and Support!

o Please Pray for the students as we return home and go back to the normalness of college and work please that we will not lose the passion that God has filled them with.

No comments: