Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ah Ha

Have you ever searched for something so hard and the whole time it was sitting right in front of you. Well yesterday and today I had the "ah ha" moment, for most of this semester I have been searching for my place and have been questioned on where do you want to serve or what do you want to do... On Sunday Pastor Steve talked about a man that went to a different country and was there for 7 years before he had one convert. I have been searching for the tangible evidence that I am changing hearts and effecting lives. I wanted something that mattered to me and made me feel "needed". When in reality God wants me here to listen and encourage to ladies, teach and grow the children, and to grow me spiritually teach me what He wants and show me that service and ministry is so much more that I have every envisioned. Last night while at the Kids Night we were watching the Veggie Tales and I was having a conversation with a high school girl, she was telling about the impact I had on her life "if you had not talked to me I don't know where I would be, You probably saved my life" and it really did not hit me there at all. We are Christians that is what God has called us to do, love and serve. But this whole time I have wanted to feel a part of something ...something that is visible and concrete. And I began to overlook my part of God divine plan. It kinda makes me sad to think back over the semester of all the time I spent searching and stressing over the what and the how, when I could be investing and loving.

No comments: